This methodology provides new processes that are more efficient in time and cost, provide better time management, and are easy to be assumed by internal and external customers.
Please find attached - at the bottom of this page - regulations and challenge descriptions in Portuguese and Romanian
One of the priorities of I&N is to support process transformation. To provide a boost within this activity, Agile Rooms have been created. Participants in the room are assigned a specific process and are asked to prepare:
- A description “as-is” of current process
- A definition of “to-be” process
- The Identification of new solutions - digital and/or no digital- to be implemented to achieve the “to be” process
In this challenge, solvers are asked to propose a clean-sheet design of the following “to-be” processes:
- Supply Chain Management for Network Deployment
- Preventive Maintenance
- Connection request management
The purpose of clean-sheet design is to start from scratch and break all links to how the process is being currently carried out and think on how it should work to be cost & time effective, friendly for internal and external clients.
The selected process design will then be used, in the corresponding agile room to compare it with the current on-going process and prepare a route map for the achievement of the new process.
Solvers are required to select one of the process and present, only for the selected process:
- Description of the “to-be” process
- Description of the procedures to follow
- Indication of the digital/no digital initiatives required to support the process
- Indication of the benefits introduced by the new process
Solutions must be cost effective, easy to implement and based on digital solutions.
- Provide major focus on the “to-be” process, reducing the limitations of an approach based on “As-is” evolution
- Allow more space for innovation and disruption
- Think on the “to be process” from different point of view, considering internal and external customers
Find out ideas with impact on business being inspired also by input of context
- Innovation content
- Lack of constraints
- Easy to implement
- Impact on business
- Universal use (can be adapted to different regions)
- Implementation time
The proposed challenge will support Enel towards achieving its commitments with the Agenda 2030 and will contribute particularly to the following SDGs:
SDG 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
Optimized processes resulting from this challenge will foster the performance of the corresponding units and thus producing more efficient systems, with less loses, and with a more effective maintenance, all this helping in extending the networks.
SDG 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
At the same time, improving those processes will help business development, economic growth and improved employment.
SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
More efficient processes will lead to build better networks and more resilient infrastructure, at the same time introducing innovative techniques.
Any questions about this challenge can be e-mailed to your local focal point (list of focal points in Regulations)