In a rapidly changing energy scene, new approaches are needed to make electricity production more efficient, flexible, durable, cost effective and sustainable. In this framework, the Global Power Generation (GPG) has developed several projects aimed at improving efficiency and creating new business streams. However, in order to extract the maximum possible value from our assets, data and knowledge, we want to put in place an additional effort, challenging the current approaches, processes and business models used in GPG.
At this scope we need the active involvement and participation of all the employees of the Global Power Generation family and to leverage on their unique and valuable know-how and competence.
We are looking for new, sustainable and cost-effective solutions, applicable within the Global Power Generation perimeter, in order to create new value by exploiting existing assets, data and know-how.
The Challenge is specifically focused on the identification of solutions to extract additional value from assets, data and competences within the timespan 2022-2024, taking into consideration technical and economic feasibility; solutions should include, but are not limited to, the sale of existing assets, the valorization of data or skills, the internalization of activities and the development of new business models that could take advantage of our existing assets and position.
Submissions should address the following Solution Requirements.
The proposed solutions must:
- be applicable in the next GPG business plan 2022/2024; all the solutions that foresee a possible application after 2024 will be considered with a lower priority;
- have a significant maturity level (TRL>7 if a technological solution, ready to be applied if a strategy/approach suggestion);
- have possible application in the countries where GPG is present and particularly in Italy, Spain, Brazil, Chile or US; other implementation Countries will be considered with a lower priority;
- have a clear value creation impact (cost-benefit ratio).
Moreover, the proposed solutions should be original and, unless distinctive features are integrated, should not repropose already identified initiatives such as:
- Wind / Solar hybridization;
- Hydro / Solar hybridization;
- Wind repowering.
Initiatives related to other Enel business lines are welcome as long as they create a benefit also for Global Power Generation.
The submitted proposals should contain:
- a detailed description of the solution with indications of how it fits with Enel Assets with an explanation of how the proponent addresses all of the Solution Requirements;
- an economical and technical analysis, including:
- Technical specifications (if needed) and/or operating model (1-2 Word pages or 1-2 ppt slides);
- Description of the activities required and an estimation of the cost for implementation, expected value/benefits and timeline;
- Any evidence for the application and existing use cases also carried out in other frameworks/companies/fields (if present);
- Advantages and potential weaknesses of the proposed solution.