Circular economy is one of the pillar of sustainable development; it’s a model created to address the sustainability needs of the planet and represents an extraordinary opportunity to increase our competitiveness.
Circularity in power generation sector concerns the construction and management of power plants or dismantling them but, looking at our business and daily activities, there is much more than this.
Global Power Generation believes that sustainability is not just limited to the mitigation of climate change, but it must involve the systemic adoption of solutions and behaviors applied to all business areas and processes. Circularity is part of the solution and we ask you to share your ideas and proposals.
If you believe that your idea could be an opportunity for enhancing power generation circularity, this is the time to share it.
Global Power Generation, through Enel Green Power S.p.A., is looking for ideas to be implemented in the power generation business that rely on a circular economy approach and based on the following main five pillars:
- New materials, replacing current materials with sustainable ones (i.e. wood instead of concrete).
- Extended life, designing assets and projects in a way that their useful life can be extended as far as possible (e.g. design for disassembly, modularity, repairing, flexibility or biodegradability, as well as for enabling reuse, remanufacturing, refurbishment or repowering).
- Sharing, increasing the load and usage factor through assets and/or resources sharing (i.e. the diffusion of public transportation)
- Product as a service, selling the use, not the ownership (i.e. the diffusion of apps for mobility sharing, such as bikes and electric mopeds).
- New life cycles, designing the end of life according to these priorities: first reuse, than remanufacture and as last option recycle.
Do it better, do it circular!
Proposals should highlight the benefits of the idea from an environmental and economic point of view and the expected impact on the business, in order to allow a deep and complete evaluation.
Explain your proposal clearly, including all the information (datasheet, techno-economic analysis, pictures) that can help in the evaluation phase; it’s possible attach documents (Max 5 files, 35MB for each one. PDF, JPEG, ZIP formats supported) if needed.
You can submit your proposal in your own language, even if one of the three main languages of Open Innovability portal (English, Italian and Spanish) are preferred.
This challenge provides contribution to the following sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production.