In case of no acceptance, you can also ask for your personal data to be removed from our database sending the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovation by Vendors: Salinity management
Published on Monday, February 11 2019
Login or Sign up
Challenge Expiration Date: April 17, 2019
Collaboration with Enel
The Business Line “Global Infrastructure and Networks” of Enel has a wide presence in Europe (Italy, Spain, Romania) and South America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru), as of today manages electricity transmission and distribution - over 2.5M km of lines and 72M of customers.
Over the Enel’s networks, especially in some regions of Brazil, the airborne salinity levels are very high. Brazil has a central role for the Enel’s Infrastructure and networks with 25 millions of customers (11,7 only in Cearà and Rio) and over 100.000 Km of overhead lines.
A better prediction of salinity levels could allow to perform the network cleaning in a more efficiency way and consequently reduce the costs related to this operation. How we can get a more confident prediction?
This challenge provides contribution to the following SDGs:
- SDG 9 - Industry innovation and infrastructure. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustanainable industrialization and foster innovation
In Río and Ceará one of the most common issues is the salinity accumulation that affects the network components that are constantly exposed to a high salinity and polluted environment.
The cleaning of networks, to avoid corrosion of the components such as insulators, disconnectors, terminals, etc., is achieved at high Operational Cost (OPEX).
The challenge is aimed at finding/developing a system able to measure the salinity and pollution level. In particular, the system shall provide information to improve cleaning activities in terms of a better planning and workforce management. The “desiderata” is an equipment or sensor which can alarm when the salinity or pollution levels exceeds the standard threshold.
Once suitable proposals will be identified Enel will reserve the opportunity to assign a direct contract to one or more than one Supplier regarding the following activities:
- Type Testing execution;
- Supply of prototypes of the above mentioned system
- Installation and site tests;
- Follow up and monitoring of the equipment behavior during a specified time (e.g. 2 years).
In general, the solution shall meet the following requirements:
- Cost-effective solution;
- Correctly indicates the level of accumulated material on the network components;
- To be installable in the existing network;
- Complies with current regulations of the countries of the Enel group or it could be adapted to local regulations with a limited effort;
- Have a Management Tool, that allow to monitor maintenance works and update the state of the network after the cleaning activities carried out by WF/subcontractors (Would be considered a PLUS)
What can we do to resolve this problem following an approach Open, Innovative and Sustainable?
All questions related to this challenge should be directed to: email@example.com
--17/03/2019: deadline extended --
Explain your proposal in English, attach documents (max 5 docs) if needed and support the solution focusing on the following key drivers:
- Details about the proposed technology:
- outline and how the technology works.
- development stage (Under lab-scale development / under development for practical use / Implemented for practical use).
- Pros and Cons comparison
- Partnership in the proposed technology (if any)
- Current performance indicating dimensions, accuracy, etc.
- Past record of application for similar purposes (such as technical papers or other documentation for introducing your developed product).
- Issues expected toward application to this project.
- Sample testing conditions:
- available sample quantity
- required time
- Pilots realized : pilots with type test realized in laboratory
- Experience coming from already performed experiences/pilots:
- Attach dossier
- Date, company, location
- Technical information about the equipment
- Maintenance of the equipment with the new technology:
- Activities and periodicity
- Manipulation skills
- Possible legal considerations
- Prospect for scaling up
- Cost/benefit analysis
Submissions to this Challenge must be received by 11:59 PM (CET) on April 17, 2019.
Late submissions will not be considered.
What happens next?
Enel will evaluate the response using the following criteria: Once suitable solution will be identified Enel will reserve the opportunity to start a collaboration in various way regarding, by way of example, all or part of the following activities:
Enel will evaluate the response using the following criteria:
Once suitable solution will be identified Enel will reserve the opportunity to start a collaboration in various way regarding, by way of example, all or part of the following activities: