In Río and Ceará one of the most common issues is the salinity accumulation that affects the network components that are constantly exposed to a high salinity and polluted environment.
The cleaning of networks, to avoid corrosion of the components such as insulators, disconnectors, terminals, etc., is achieved at high Operational Cost (OPEX).
The challenge is aimed at finding/developing a system able to measure the salinity and pollution level. In particular, the system shall provide information to improve cleaning activities in terms of a better planning and workforce management. The “desiderata” is an equipment or sensor which can alarm when the salinity or pollution levels exceeds the standard threshold.
Once suitable proposals will be identified Enel will reserve the opportunity to assign a direct contract to one or more than one Supplier regarding the following activities:
- Type Testing execution;
- Supply of prototypes of the above mentioned system
- Installation and site tests;
- Follow up and monitoring of the equipment behavior during a specified time (e.g. 2 years).
In general, the solution shall meet the following requirements:
- Cost-effective solution;
- Correctly indicates the level of accumulated material on the network components;
- To be installable in the existing network;
- Complies with current regulations of the countries of the Enel group or it could be adapted to local regulations with a limited effort;
- Have a Management Tool, that allow to monitor maintenance works and update the state of the network after the cleaning activities carried out by WF/subcontractors (Would be considered a PLUS)
What can we do to resolve this problem following an approach Open, Innovative and Sustainable?
All questions related to this challenge should be directed to: email@example.com
--17/03/2019: deadline extended --