The current Covid-19 pandemic is rapidly changing the way we live and work. It has challenged the way we previously approached how we utilize and interact in the professional environment and has put a spotlight on the importance of persevering health. Around the world, a call for new safety rules and procedures has taken place, suggesting the necessity to rethink job limitations and spaces. Enel is embracing these purposes, calling for a collection of innovative ideas, capable to solve the challenges generated by the pandemic spread.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, many businesses are realizing that it is not necessary for everyone to work at the office. However, not all employees are able to work remotely. For those whose duties require being on site, many organizations need to create and implement new working procedures to maintain recommended social distancing guidelines in order to keep their employees safe. These preemptive measures will prevent and help to minimize exposure and can help organizations leverage this opportunity workspaces that are responsive, resilient and above all, protect people’s health.
This challenge aims to address the following:
- Identify solutions that can provide workers with information on the distance they have to maintain from others as well as health and safety recommendations (i.e. the minimum recommended between people) both in the field and closed spaces.
- Find solutions that can anonymously alert the supervisors or nearby coworkers if an employee has come into contact or has been diagnosed with Covid-19 in order to take the necessary actions to contain the spread of the virus.
- Identify innovative personal protection equipment (face masks, gloves, face shields) more comfortable and able to reduce the disadvantages of wearing them. Additionally, since workers frequently share rides, we are also looking for solutions that can protect them in cars, by creating a physical separation or through PPEs that will allow safe and comfortable driving.
Solutions have to be certified and have info on which countries’ regulations they are complaint to.
Solutions should not interfere with normal activities.
Solutions should guarantee the privacy of users.
This challenge provides contribution to the following sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
- SDG 3: Good Health and Well-being
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 13: Climate Action.