At Enel Global Infrastructure and Networks we are looking for portable devices, which could detect cable derivations from the substations by means of some kind of physical phenomena such as: pulse or electromagnetic wave reflections, two-points pinging on the section of a line, analysis of grid electric parameters, etc…
Here some possible general ideas we are willing to experiment:
- Devices that are connected the network only during inspections: they should be portable and quick-to-mount. If they are supposed to be interfaced with our smart metering infrastructures, they should be plug-and-play and compatible with ENEL open protocol (find more details at the link Meters&More).
- Devices that do not need to be connected to the network: they are based on physical phenomena that are not electromagnetic ones (x-rays, georadars, sonars, etc…)
Concurring in our Challenge you should take in consideration the following Technical requirements/properties:
a) Sub-meter accuracy;
b) Minimum maintenance (if permanently installed);
c) Cost competitive.
The submitted proposal should include the following:
- Detailed technical description of an approach that can meet the above technical requirements
- Rationale for the proposed technology, including explanation of the current process it is going to rethink or modify direct cost, man-hours savings
- Any formats of materials showing the inefficiency of the actual process (pictures, videos, cost statements) that could be useful to support and explain the proposed solution, if available.
- Main and tangible benefits the new idea is going to bring; any supporting information with regards to its feasibility and economics
- Documentation of technologies proven record and savings
- If available, drawings for any devices, schematics for installation and rough estimations of costs (e.g. investment, operational, maintenance) and power consumption
- Cost estimate per component type
- Description of the maintenance necessary for the method
- Example of use cases where the solution has proven effective (if available)
- Information on any known limitations
What can we do to resolve this problem following an approach Open, Innovative and Sustainable?
All questions related to this challenge should be directed to: email@example.com
This challenge provides contribution to the following SDGs:
- SDGs 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation