An enormous quantity of energy-related data is collected every day from energy meters, sub-meters, and Building Automation Systems (BAS) installed within customers’ buildings. Energy invoices are also a source of information such as energy consumption and peaks with related cost impacts and history of payments, carbon footprint, energy tariffs, facility operations, and weather conditions. Enel already offers a range of solutions leveraging this data, including:
- Monitoring and verification of the data gathered from multi-sites meters and sub-meters to measure the energy performance trends, identifying anomalies vs customer consumption patterns:
- generation of customizable automatic reports
- display of the entire portfolio's energy consumption and comparison between the sites with performance indicators
- immediate notifications via email/sms when consumption is higher or lower than a predefined threshold
- automatic identification of recommended actions to implement in order to optimize and benefit from energy saving initiatives
- digital services with an interactive dashboard that enables multi-point business clients to collect the electricity, gas, water and waste bills for their multiple sites and supply points, comparing them and identifying any errors
- Energy intelligence software isn’t a replacement for your building automation system (BAS), it’s a complementary tool that informs best practices for scheduling and optimizing a BAS for maximum cost savings.
- Circular economy assessment
- Assessment of corporate circularity (e.g. production and non-production sites energy performance, corporate approach, supply chain), including annual reassessment versus targets
- Assessment of sites circularity and sustainability
- Sustainability reporting (CO2 emissions)
- Utility bill management
- Bill collection, validation and payment process
- Provides transparency and visibility into utility bill data
- Energy procurement solution
- Streamlines the competitive bidding process and ensures maximum transparency into the energy sourcing process. Reverse auction platform to increase the number of suppliers competing (competitive online auctions & RFP management)
The platform also enables:
- Visibility into market prices and trends
- Insight from previous transactions
- Proactive market monitoring & automated triggers
- Contract management and renewal opportunity tracking
Enel is seeking ideas and detailed descriptions for innovative services and/or products to offer industrial and commercial customers worldwide that leverage collected energy-related data as well as data from other sources. Ideas should be well-formulated and submissions should include details of the data utilized and how it is integrated to produce the new service or product. Solutions should utilize data collected directly from customers to address their specific needs but may also use benchmarking of different customers to offer them new services. Solvers are also encouraged to incorporate external data such as weather conditions to form a more complete solution than possible strictly using energy data. An example of energy-related data collected is provided as an attachment.
Proposed solutions should address address customers’ needs in relation to one or more of the following areas:
- Financials improvement (increase of customers’ revenue / cost reduction)
- Simplification of operations
- Risk and energy management
The submitted proposal should include the following:
- Detailed description of the proposed solution and explanation of how it addresses customers’ needs.
- Description of the data utilized and how any external data utilized is obtained.
- Sample materials, for example a detailed description of a dashboard and possible mock-ups of how the information would be displayed.
- A description of tools/software/hardware needed to provide the proposed service or product.
The proposal should not include any personal identifying information (name, username, company, address, phone, email, personal website, resume, etc.) or any information the Solvers may consider as their Intellectual Property they do not want to share.