About 550000 thin film PV modules, corresponding to a peak power of 67 MW, are currently stored within 3SUN company, waiting for their utilization.
The modules stored in the factory warehouses cause some logistical problems, taking into account also the contemporary production of a new type of bi-facial photovoltaic panels.
Three different families of modules are available; moreover modules with different peak power are also available within same module family. Technical characteristics of the available modules are summarized in a table attached at the bottom of this page (Table of the technical characteristics of the available modules).
The PV modules are available for the proposed solutions at a cost of 0,4 €/W.
Enel Green Power is looking for solutions according to the following requirements:
- Solutions should be mainly addressed on the following topics: to solve O&M problems or facilitate operation inside Enel plants, to promote e-mobility, and Solutions to be sold for residential application or external customers will be considered.
- Solutions to improve the electrification of developing areas; solution to improve the efficiency of the use of the energy in “developed areas; solutions that include also local communities into the project to create new skills, new job, other.
- Solutions must be easy to install also manually, minimizing the movements and actions to be done as well as installation time. No maintenance, or a few, should be required.
- Solutions must use no toxic chemicals or have any negative impact on the environment.
- Solutions should be “freedom to practice” or be available for potential licensing. There should be no third party patent art preventing the use of specific equipment and materials for their commercial application.
- Solutions should have overall peak power variable in an optimal range between 100 kW and 3 MW. In any case will be also considered solutions with peak power lower than 100 kW or greater than 3 MW.
- Solutions must not allow the simultaneous use of modules belonging to different families described above and / or with different classes of power.
- He solution must include installation in areas without shadow, for a better exploitation of the special characteristics of modules
The submitted proposal should include the following:
- Detailed description of the proposed solution that can meet the above Solution Requirements.
- Rationale as to why the Solver believes that the proposed solution will work. This rationale should address each of the Solution Requirements above described and should be supported with any relevant examples, cost analysis, simulations or technical assessment as deemed relevant by the Solver.
- Data, drawings, case studies, patent and journal references or any additional material that supports the proposed solution.
- Description of the maintenance necessary for the solution.
- Cost estimation per each adjunctive device and/or equipment that will be used in the solution.
The proposal should not include any personal identifying information (name, username, address, phone, email, personal website, resume, etc.) or any information the Solvers may consider as their Intellectual Property they do not want to share.
The proposer has the possibility to submit more than one solution.