In case of no acceptance, you can also ask for your personal data to be removed from our database sending the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovation by Vendors: new MV joints technology
Published on Tuesday, December 22 2020
Login or Sign up
Challenge Expiration Date: January 29, 2021
Collaboration with Enel
Enel “Global Infrastructure and Networks s.r.l.” is looking for a new MV joint design in order to improve electrical and mechanical properties of the actual one.
During the last 10 years, several investigations on network failures have been conducted, which brought to the conclusion that the grid failure rate is too high in MV underground line, it is due to the joints, generally seen as a weak point in the network.
This challenge provides contribution to the following SDGs:
- SDG 9: Industries, innovation and infrastructure. Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
The main scope of this challenge is to find a new type of medium voltage joint with a different from the current one.
For instance, it is necessary to find solutions for the thermal, electric and mechanical aging of the joints, to contrast phenomena like:
- Mechanical fatigue;
- Weight loss;
- Mechanical resistance loss;
- Partial discharges.
In general, the solution needs to satisfy the following requirements.
- to be at least in a technology development phase (technology readiness level ≥6);
- to be cost-effective comparing to actual technology;
- to be composed by a complete kit: joint and termination;
- to be well-suited for installation is lines using Enel cables as per GSC001 (see attachment);
- different technology of the one foreseen in GSCC004 (see attachment)
- to ensure safety of the operator;
- to use cold shrink technology.
Nice to have:
- simplicity in the stage of construction and assembly of the joint, minimizing the intervention of the operator in the field.
What can we do to resolve this problem following an Open, Innovative and Sustainable approach?
All questions related to this challenge should be directed to: email@example.com
This challenge is dedicated to large enterprises, startups, scaleups and SMEs, incorporated in any country, with a technology and/or solution at commercial level (TRL ≥ 6).
All proposers are invited to read carefully the challenge and the regulation of this challenge, attached below in the Attachments section, before to submit a solution.
Explain your proposal in English, attach documents if needed (max 5 files, 25MB total size) and support the idea focusing on the following key drivers:
- Presentation of the proposal, outline and how the technology works;
- Development stage (Under lab-scale development / Under development for practical use / Implemented for practical use);
- R&D capability (if development is still needed);
- Past record of application for similar purposes (such as technical papers or other documentation for introducing your developed product);
- Issues expected toward application of this project;
- Sample testing conditions:
- available sample quantity;
- required time.
- Pilots realized: pilots with type test realized in accredited laboratory (Attach dossier)
- Maintenance of the equipment:
- Activities and periodicity;
- Manipulation skills;
- Possible legal considerations.
- Prospect for scaling up;
- Costs/benefits analysis;
Submissions to this challenge must be received by 11:59 PM (CET) on January 29th.
Late submissions will not be considered.
What happens next?
Enel will evaluate the response using the following criteria: Once suitable proposals will be identified the relevant company/es of the Enel group will reserve the opportunity to sign a contract with one or more than one Supplier regarding the following activities:
Enel will evaluate the response using the following criteria:
Once suitable proposals will be identified the relevant company/es of the Enel group will reserve the opportunity to sign a contract with one or more than one Supplier regarding the following activities: