The goal for Enel X Way is to make electric mobility dominant over conventional technologies; we want to make the UX even better than a customer would have with a conventional vehicle.
Unfortunately, as with any technology infrastructure, the outcome of 100% service reliability is never attainable, but must be approached asymptotically.
One of the key elements is the time necessary to recommission infrastructure that temporarily has technical issues due to acts of vandalism, electrical failure or telecommunications failure. In this regard, it is Enel X Way's intention to equip its technicians and contractors with technological solutions that will help operators quickly interpret and deal with issues arising from temporary failures of charging infrastructure.
Enel X Way is looking for solutions that allow the operator to view the charging infrastructure as a whole (internally, externally and through its HMI), through a common device (such as a mobile phone or tablet), and immediately receive instructions contained in the manuals or specific suggestions left by other operators in previous interventions.
The solutions proposed by the inventors should be able to speed up the process of technical troubleshooting by operators, possibly with the help of technological tools such as augmented reality.
The aim is to give the operator an immediate view of possible problems with the charging infrastructure by having sections of the manual available immediately.
In this way, in addition to decreasing the intervention time needed to resolve technical issues, the costs related to second-level assistance from Enel X Way would also decrease.
Enel X Way is open to any possible technology proposal that can increase the level of true reliability of its infrastructure in line with its open innovation approach.
- The overall idea proposed by the inventor;
- Detailed description of the proposed device/SW and/or technique, including (but not limited to):
- advantages and weaknesses of the proposed solution;
- information about proposed solution applicability;
- information about costs (i.e., components, maintenance).
- Data, case studies, patent and journal references or any additional material that supports the proposed solution.
- A description of the technological components associated with the idea;
- A practical demonstration of how the proposed idea should work;
- A plan for developing and integrating the idea including related activities and costs or an already developed HW and/or SW solution.
This challenge contributes to the following sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure;
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.