Enel Global Energy and Commodities Management is looking for innovative solutions to increase the level of circularity of decommissioned assets.
Enel has to manage large quantities of aggregates and concrete that result from demolition which, in the absence of alternative solutions, would have to be disposed of in the traditional way.
The aim is to find new ways to increase the percentage of recycled aggregates and concrete deriving from demolition works, and to recover these wastes in industrial processes other than cement production in Italy and Spain.
The solution must be:
Innovative: an alternative way to recycle and re-use concrete aggregates in addition to their use for the production of new cement
Sustainable: a positive impact on the environment and society
Local: to avoid or minimize the impact of transportation over long distances due to the large quantities of material
- The solution/project must be clearly structured: scope, goals, how to be implemented
- A draft of a business model with reasonable investment costs
- The solution has an Italian and Spanish context.
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy;
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure;
- SDG 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable;
- SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- SDG 15: Life on land.